I first saw a "sponge" popsicle on The Jealous Curator Blog. I thought they were so cute and I knew I could make them myself! This is great if you're looking for a fun, fast and cheap DIY project for the summer!
Supplies: Sponges, Popsicle Sticks, Hot Glue Gun Sticks, Hot Glue Gun
1. Put a hot glue gun stick into your hot glue gun and plug it in.
2. Let the gun heat up for a couple minutes before use.
3. Take a sponge and at the bottom of it, in the center, gently pull the sponge in opposite directions to create a hole in the center.
4. Once the hole is there, pull apart the sides of the sponge in different directions (carefully!) and use your finger to make it a bit deeper.
5. Take a popsicle stick and put it into the hole that you created.
6. Continue to push it into the sponge until a good amount is left outside of the sponge to look more like a real popsicle.
7. Take the glue gun and place some glue along the inside edge of the sponge and press it down onto the stick for a few seconds.
8. Flip over the sponge and repeat step 7 to the other side.
(Step 7 and 8 are to close the openings and connect the sponge to the stick)
9. Set aside the sponge and let it dry for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
Once it's dry, you have an adorable popsicle sponge to make cleaning more fun!