Pages


Sunday, January 19, 2014

January's Treat: Kate Spade Inspired DIY Glitter Watch

Hey everyone!

 Has anyone else been lusting after the gorgeous Kate Spade glitter watches that were all over the web during the holiday season?  I sure have been! As a college student, I'm on a budget that would not allow me to buy the actual Kate Spade watch that I wanted. So, I decided to use a little bit of Mod Podge and loose glitter to create a watch inspired by the Kate Spade glitter watch that stole my heart. If you're in the same boat as me, get out that glitter and follow these 6 simple steps!

Christina xx

Materials: watch, mod podge, paint brush, loose glitter

Instructions: 

1. Dip a paint brush into Mod Podge and coat the straps of the watch. (This project gets a bit sparkly, so if you don't want your surface to be covered in glitter put down a towel or piece of paper.)

2. Sprinkle loose glitter onto the wet Mod Podge.

3. Let the glitter set for just a few minutes and then shake off the excess glitter.

4. Next, let the watch dry for a couple of hours.

5.  Then, put a second coat of Mod Podge onto the watch, over the glitter.

6. Wait until the watch is completely dry, then wear it to add a touch of glamour and shine to any look! 

2 comments:

Have a sweet day!