Today is National Candy Corn Day! I didn't plan to post this recipe because of that, but somehow it worked out perfectly. To celebrate a Halloween classic, follow these steps to make your own candy corn cupcakes!
Cupcake Ingredients: 1 box of vanilla cake mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil that are called for on the cake mix box
Frosting Ingredients: 7 cups of confectioners' sugar, 2 cups of butter, 3 tsp of vanilla extract, 6 tablespoons of whipping cream, orange food coloring, yellow food coloring, candy corn
1. This cupcake has 3 layers of frosting. They're all different colors, so make sure to use different bowls and piping bags.
2. You will make the yellow frosting first. The first step is to use a mixer to whisk together 3 cups of sugar and 1 cup of butter. Mix on a low speed until the mixture is blended and then increase to a medium speed for 3 minutes.
3. Next, add 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tablespoons of whipping cream and yellow food coloring and continue to whisk on a medium speed for 1 minute.
4. The second frosting layer that you'll make is orange. Use a mixer to whisk together 2 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of butter. Mix on a low speed until mixture is blended and then increase to a medium speed for 3 minutes.
5. Repeat step 3 but add orange food coloring instead of yellow.
6. Now you're ready for the last layer, the white frosting. Repeat step 4.
7. Repeat step 3, but don't add any food coloring to your mixture.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, use a mixer to mix together cake mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil.
4. Pour the batter into the cupcake cups, fill about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes.
6. Take the cupcakes out and let them cool down before icing them.
7. When cupcakes are cool, put yellow frosting into a piping bag and frost the first layer of the cupcakes.
8. Next, put orange frosting into a piping bag and frost the second layer of the cupcakes.
9. Then, put the white frosting into a piping bag and frost the third layer of the cupcakes.
10. Complete your cupcakes by garnishing each one with a little candy corn. Enjoy!