I love salty caramel flavored treats. I especially crave them when the weather starts to get cooler. I found this Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcake recipe on The Domestic Rebel Blog and I knew I had to try them!
These cupcakes are sweet with the perfect amount of salty.
Follow these steps to make them for yourself!
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Cupcake Ingredients: 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 stick of softened butter, 3 eggs, 1& 1/2 cups of buttermilk, 1 box of chocolate instant pudding mix, 1 jar of caramel sundae sauce, coarse sea salt, dark chocolate and caramel bliss candies, chocolate caramel frosting (recipe & ingredients below)
1 stick of softened butter, 1/4 cup of cocoa, 1/4 cup of caramel coffee syrup (such as Torani or Monin), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 4 cups of powdered sugar
1. With a mixer, beat together 1 stick of butter, 1/4 cup of cocoa, 1/4 cup of caramel coffee syrup and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until combined.
2. Gradually add 4 cups of powdered sugar to the mixture, about a cup at a time.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine cake mix,butter, eggs and buttermilk with an electric mixer. Beat until mixed and stir in pudding mix.
4. Pour the batter in the cupcake cups, fill about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes.
6. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
7. Using a toothpick, poke holes in the tops of the cooled cupcakes.
8. Pour about a tablespoon of caramel sundae sauce over the tops of the cupcakes.
9. Place the frosting into a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
10. Sprinkle coarse salt onto the tops of the cupcake.
11. Decorate each cupcake by placing a dark chocolate and caramel candy on top. & Enjoy!